Re: [orca-list] How to start understanding Orca code

On Monday 18 January 2010 09:53 AM, leena chourey wrote:
Hello List,
We want to customize the orca version for browser, Can anybody help me in this regard?

I am on the same lines but alas you will have to figure it out for yourself like the way I am doing.
I don't think there is any serious developer documentation out there.

Where to  get detail design doc for Orca for developers point of view.
Whether i have to learn Python fully before touching orca code?
Where to start understanding orca code?

From what I can read about your understanding< I hope you know that orca has a scripting model and most often than not, you will have to write application specific scripts. So your best bet is to start looking at orca scrips rather than the core modules themselves. I am also doing it right now. I had requested many times on the list to produce a scripting guide but seems it will not happen before we move totally to dbus.

By the way it is very good idea to learn python very well. Afterall it is a very good language and May be will help a lot in other places as well.
Where are you located in India?
May be we can work together for scripting many pending things like the evince pdf reader. I don't have the time and resources to put in which you might have.
By the way which browser you want to make accessible with orca?

Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.