[orca-list] Fw: Knoppix 6.2.1 ADRIANE beta

----- Original Message -----
To: Josh ; Mike
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2010 10:44 AM
Subject: Knoppix 6.2.1 ADRIANE beta

Hello Josh and Mike (probably not knowing each other yet),

Please find the current development version of knoppix-adriane at

sorry I cannot give the url it is Klauus's own server. If anyone has an ftp site where I can upload the knoppix-adriane beta with latest orca and hardware support please let me know.
Changes to 6.2:
- Kernel 2.6.32.2
- speechd uses libao/alsa instead of oss
- ocropus ocr version 0.3 (used by adriane-ocr)
- new network-manager configuration in "settings" (Internet)
- general updates of Debian packages
- probably more, that I forgot. ;-)

Please let me know if you get along with the new adriane network setup.
Short summary of usage of knoppix-networkmanager:
The first menu displays all connections configured in
/etc/network/interfaces (you may want to copy your existing
/etc/network/interfaces over the almost empty version in the live
system first). On top of the list is a general connection information,
on bottom an entry which allows you to configure a new connection.
When selecting an existing entry (if there is one), you get a menu with
all configured options, and when selecting one, you can edit it. You
will be asked for saving confirmation when leaving the connection
editor, while renaming works without confirmation.
Currently, only LAN and WLAN connections (wpa, wep or open) can be
configured with this tool, the "modem" entry currently does nothing, but
will also be used for broadband cable or mobile modems in later
versions.

With kind regards
-Klaus Knopper