Re: [orca-list] some tool to convert text to speech audio

Hy,

Helios, I sending the stable version package source (audiobook-1.10.tar.gz), and sending the development version source code (audiobookconverter-development.tar.gz). Temporary you need doing following, because I prewious wrote some tasks is not done yet: 1. Build the stable version package for example with dpkg-buildpackage, and install the .deb package first.
The builded package name is hangoskonyvkonverter_1.10_all.deb
The required dependencies are following:
poppler-utils (>= 0.10.5-1), antiword (>= 0.37-3), zenity (>= 2.22.1), gogo, odt2txt

Gogo is a fast mp3 encoder, similar with FFmpeg, I used this encoder because veri fast.

If the installation is done, extract the development version with any directory, and owerwrite the /usr/bin/hangoskonyv file with the development directory stored hangoskonyv.py file with following command:
sudo cp hangoskonyv.py /usr/bin/hangoskonyv
You need replace the espeak -v hu parts with espeak -v you_used_language with source code now.

If you enough the english language UI interface locale now, not need you do anything now.

What can need doing in future if the community would like?
1. Need doing the localization files installation with the future package (need writing Make files, but before this need analyzing this purpose examples. For example if Vinux community would like this application with next release, this is important task. 2. Perhaps need correcting english language messages with the development version source code, because my english language talking is not always 100% and perhaps I wrote wrong english language messages. :-):-) 3. Need implementing espeak voice language setting dialog before the conversion. If Espeak supports the awailable voice listing, this is easyest but not full perfect. Not perfect because if anybody using external Espeak voice files, the --voices option is not showing the list with this external voices. When the list future is presenting the screen, perhaps need selecting the default system language related voice by default to easyest the endusers work. But for example with english language have more voice variants with /usr/share/espeak-data/voices/en directory. For example Orca how can querying what Espeak voice characters are awailable?

What can you need doing if you want:
1. If you want, need doing your language localization with this application, if you are interesting, I sending detailed what can you need doing. But before you doing this, need doing the localization related package installation make files. If anybody possible help this, I welcome accept.

Warning! I using source code hungarian function names, and not wrote comments yet all method names with english comments.

Attila