Re: [orca-list] Some question with now committed documentation related commits

Hi Attila.

     Start of the doc rewrite. A work in progress. Not "hooked up" yet."
This commits means in future Orca help pages are not in GNOME
Accessibility Guide?

Not *quite*, but sorta.

The plan is that the GNOME Accessibility guide will continue to have
basic information about Orca. But basic information is not sufficient.

 I ask this, because for example hungarian language
the GNOME Accessibility Guide is already full translated with hungarian
language since more years.

Yup. That means that people who speak Hungarian have the full benefit of
incomplete and outdated information, just like speakers of other
languages.

We need to fully update our docs. I am doing that currently. The
Documentation Team lead is also working with the Accessibility Team to
get the GNOME Desktop Accessibility Guide information current and
ultimately in the new Mallard format.

Whether or not all of the docs got (re)written as part of the GNOME
Desktop Accessibility Guide or as part of Orca itself would not change
the fact that translators will need to translate the newly written and
re-written/updated documentation.

When in future the user clicking the Orca help button, what
documentation are presenting the screen?

It will be the main page of the new Orca module documentation. And if
it's clicked on from within the Preferences dialog, it will take you
directly to the help page which discusses the options on the dialog box
page you are on. That way you immediate have the information you are
likely to be looking for.

If this now committed documentations are presenting the screen, possible
translate this documentation with non english language?

Well, I'm not part of the i18n team, so you would know that better than
I -- or have access to teammates who would know better than I -- how to
bring this about. <smile> But, of course it can be translated, Attila.

Now what place to install Orca this documentations for example with C
locale?

This question I don't get. Regardless, I have placed our new
docs-in-progress where the head of the Documentation team has told me to
place it and made the appropriate Makefile, which the head of the
Documentation team glanced at. There I have left the DOC_LINGUAS line
empty, but present, as the Documentation team lead suggested I do so
that the i18n team members can all do the appropriate thing.

If I have failed to do something to make our documentation translatable,
and you have verified this by consulting with the i18n, please file a
bug.

The one thing I would remind you of once you sort out how Mallard docs
get translated is the language in my commit messages: Work in progress.
I reserve the right to change what's in there until I announce that I am
done and solicit feedback. What is there is not fully proofread yet. I
am still catching mistakes, adding stuff, and still moving stuff around.
Therefore, you can work with your team to start translating things now,
but your translations may then need to be redone.

Soon however, Orca will have far better documentation than it currently
does. And it will be great when that gets fully localized. Thanks in
advance for doing the localization work!

--joanie