Re: [orca-list] Is it possible to specify the python installation to be used when compiling orca?

Yes, many Arch packages had to be changed to include this option in
their PKGBUILD scripts.  If you pull the orca-git package from AUR,
this has been done.  I also have a change that I have been making
manually to enable use of speech dispatcher as a system service.  I
almost confused that change with your issue but your issue of python2
is covered in the orca-git PKGBUILD script.