[orca-list] Changing settings for orca with gdm

Hi All,
I'm having a lot of trouble changing settings for Orca on the GDM login screen. In particular I'd like to change the speech parameters and keyboard layout, but when I set those to my preferences and press ok on the dialogue nothing appears to happen. In fact, the only button which works is cancel, after which obviously the settings aren't saved.
Is this a problem I can correct manually somehow?
Best and thanks,
Zack.