Re: [orca-list] Orca-2.31.90 checking version in a terminal

Hi Milton,

2010/8/19 Milton <milton tomaatnet nl>:
Dear Orca developers,
First of all, many thanks for your hard work!
I did a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.04 with the help of Orca. I am just an
end user.
After I download en install orca-2.31.90.
All went fine with sudo ./configure, make en make install.
checking in a terminal the version of Orca with orca -v, Orca reads the
content and say goodbye and quits.
The content shows the version 2.31.90.
With no problems I can start Orca again with alt + F2 typing orca and
everything is fine.

I'm trying to undertand what the issue is, because I'm not quite sure...
 * Did you have another Orca running and the 'orca -v' killed it?
 * You just run 'orca -v' it show you the version and quit, but you
weren't expecting it quit.
 * Is the issue that 'orca -v' launched the Orca itself and after it
was killed, instead of just showing the version?

Thanks for your report and for your time :-)

--
Juanje