Re: [orca-list] Orca reading the word the cursor passes over whennavigating by word!

I noticed this as well.  It didn't used to do this, but now it's behaving more like Voiceover does on the Mac.  I too, find this somewhat irritating.  I see the reasoning why this was done, but it does slow me down quite a bit.

Chris.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:56 AM
Subject: [orca-list] Orca reading the word the cursor passes over whennavigating by word!

Hi,

    There is this really annoying little glitch. When navigating
    word-by-word, Orca reads the word that the cursor has left behind, not
    the word that is under the cursor. In fact, the cursor jumps to the
    space character between the two words, not to the very first character
    of the next  word.  I think the latter is a Gnome bug, but the first
    (announcing the previous word rather than the next) is an Orca thing.
    Has this been noticed before, or is it meant to be this way?
    Thanks!

- Done.

Orca Announcing the Word the Cursor Just Passed Over!.eml
Orca Announcing the Word the Cursor Just Passed Over!