Re: [orca-list] change orca modifier key

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 02:20:04PM -0400, Josh Kennedy wrote:
Hi
but there is no way to change the orca modifier from capslock to left windows key? there has to be some way
to do this. I prefer using left windows as the orca modifier key so I can use capslock in the normal way in
vinux3.0 ubuntu10.04 lucid.

Not at the present time.  Like the programmers all say, "patches
welcom." Actually, I suggested in a previous message how you might try
and experiment with modifying this setting inside your
orca-customization.py file.  That's the fun or pain of free software;
you get to experiment around and try out solutions and tell the rest
of us how it goes <smile>.  I also said that future enhancements may
allow for literally pressing the key you want to assign as a modifier
for Orca; but that's a ways off right now AFAIK.

Also, I don't know what the distribution has to do with it but why
should Vinux be different than anyone else concerning the use of the
Caps Lock key?