Re: [orca-list] pidgin and orca

Hi Jonathan.

I'm trying to use pidgin and have the pidgin-notify plugin installed.

You shouldn't need it. Orca is looking to read from the chat history
text widget.

working. I can type things into the box and people can see it but orca
is not reading the new messages when they come in. Is there something
I'm missing?

What version of Orca and what version of Pidgin? The reason I ask is
that a recentish change to Pidgin (in 2.7.0 I *think*) broke what we
were doing to automatically read new messages written to the chat
history. I fixed that a couple of months ago, but if you're using an
older version of Orca, you will not have that fix.

HTH. Take care.
--joanie