Re: [orca-list] Moving forward on Firefox

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 4:29 AM, Jason White <jason jasonjgw net> wrote:
So, my first question is whether the Mozilla rewrite touches the code in
Gecko that lies at the heart of the problem, and if so, whether this opens
up an opportunity for a more reliable implementation that can also lead to
simplification on the Orca side. I also have suspicions that implementing so
much of the caret navigation in Orca itself is a performance problem, as
evinced by delays that occur when navigating large and complex Web pages.

Yes, I believe the code that has been so problematic has been mostly
rewritten, and is now in much  better shape.  It is possible that we
could disable "Grab focus on objects when navigating", and "Use Orca
caret navigation".  I don't know what causes delays in Orca when
navigating large web pages, but I do think we need to improve the
performance if possible.

Bill