Re: [orca-list] editing remote files

Hello,
There are a couple of ways to do this. Firstly I have on my system a program called sshfs which allows me to mount a directory over ssh on my system and then anything which can write to a local file can write to ssh, so use what ever editor (eg. gedit) which takes your fancy on your system, no accessibility issues. Alternatively write the file locally on your computer and use sftp to transfer the file to the remote machine (not as good as sshfs as you have extra steps to go through).

One thing I would say is don't bother trying to use a GUI login over ssh as I don't think at-spi will pass the information from the server to your local computer (well it may be possible but it would be much more trouble to set up than the above options).

Michael Whapples