Re: [orca-list] delays when filling forms in web

I can reproduce it with Orca 2.28.0 on OpenSolaris b125 and Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; SunOS i86pc; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090929 Firefox/3.5.3.

I'm not quite sure what is going. It looks like Firefox is emitting a object:text-changed:insert event when one tabs out of the entry. This is causing Orca to do some recomputation of the line of text, and that is what seems to be causing the delay.

Please file a bug so we don't forget about this.

Will

jose vilmar estacio de souza wrote:
Hi all,
I don't know if it is related to orca or to the version of firefox that I am using.

When filling some forms in the web, I am experiencing delays when I press the tab key to advance to the next field in the form.

To reproduce you can try the following steps:

1. Go to https://bugzilla.gnome.org/

2. Press the tab key until you find an edit field. It is located before a button labeled find.

3. Type something in the fiel and press the tab key.
After press the tab key orca takes about five seconds to announce the find button. The same happens if I press shift+tab.

I am runnint orca 2.29-1pre.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5pre) Gecko/20091021 Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Shiretoko/3.5.5pre

Thanks.