To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 10:30 PM
Subject: [orca-list] A new member with some orca questions.

Hello all,
My name is Sandy Phillips from Louisville Ky. I am interested in linuxmint 7
with orca. I am totally blind and I will be new o linux. From what I
understand orca works well with ubuntu but I don't know about linuxmint 7. I have heard that linuxmint is something like windows and it is supposed to be
easier than ubuntu. If orca doesn't work with linuxmint 7, are there other
screen readers that will work? Actually I am willing to learn either
linuxmint or ubuntu as long as I have a dependable screen reader to use.
Currently I use jaws for windows but there are a number of reasons why I
want to learn linux. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Blessings,
Sandy Phillips
smilingsandy insightbb com