Re: [orca-list] How is Orc implemented into Gnome?

James & Nash <james austin1984 googlemail com> wrote:
I'm sorry to ask this here, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere else.
How is Orca implemented into Gnome? Is it an integral part of the Linux OS
like Apple's Voice Over, or is it a bolt on such as JAWS or other Windows
Screen Readers?

What's the difference?

Gnome can be installed without Orca. Orca relies on accessibility support
which is built into Gnome, and which is also integrated into Mozilla
applications, OpenOffice.org, etc.

Orca is usually an optional package provided as part of an operating system
distribution which the user can choose to install, or not, depending on need.
Orca is also updated and released as part of Gnome itself, so that any
distribution which includes Gnome should include Orca, allowing users to
install it if they want to.

Whether something is part of the operating system or not is difficult to
judge, given that a typical Linux distribution contains thousands of packages,
many of which are optional.

I don't know whether this helps. I really don't understand the question.