Re: [orca-list] How does Orca "see"?

Thanks Will
----- Original Message ----- From: "Herzog" <herzog frontiernet net>
To: "Willie Walker" <William Walker Sun COM>
Cc: <james austin1984 googlemail com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:38 AM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] How does Orca "see"?

Thanks, I too have been curious I've often encountered the buzz AT-SPI, with no other context meaning besides jibberish cover; and I guess it still remains, because It doesn't lead a step closer to the hook.
I'd assumed that  "the hook" was an enter, or a period, or a frame.
Now I guess it is a special symbol, like the square box that Windows keeps putting in stuff when I edit or change it using the Notebook.
The lesser Wil.
=======
Willie Walker wrote:
Hi James:

Orca uses an API approach to talk to the apps directly at a level that essentially allows the application itself to be its own off screen model. This API is called the AT-SPI, or the "Assistive Technology Service Provider Interface."

Hope this helps!

Will

James & Nash wrote:
Hi Will  and Orca development team,
I am curious, how does Orca know waht is on the screen? Does it use hooks like JFW or does it use some other form of info gathering resulting in object navigation? Just curious Thanks James