Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 08:53:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tom Lloyd <thomaslloyd yahoo com>
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] Accessibility Groups

Hi All,

I have been moving house and knee deep in elbow grease without internet. I now have broadband and spare
time to start working on the SAPI project again. As the project is still in its infancy I have found a
small following of people interested but no one really helping on development.

People with skills in:

Speech-dispatcher modules
SAPI , XML
C & commandline tools

There is no one else helping at the moment.

If people could suggest forums, groups, communities that might be interested in this project could you
forward a message on for me or suggest the groups to me directly, not to the main group as this a slightly
off topic. I do not know of many groups so any information would be great.

Message to forward...

Open SAPI - http://code.google.com/p/open-sapi/

A new open source text to speech project needs your help. The Open-SAPI project has bought the Microsoft
Speech Engine into Linux and any other operating systems supported by WINE - http://www.winehq.org/.

Currently we have a working example in Ubuntu using Orca, Speech Dispatcher and Gnome.

Instructions for installation / development fron SVN can be found on the main project page.

Any help, feedback or suggestion would be greatly appreciated at the discussion group -
http://groups.google.com/group/open-sapi

Thanks all,

Tom