[orca-list] Orca, notifications, and Pidgin?

Hello,

I'm using Vinux 1.4.  I'm also using the orca that is just preloaded.  I haven't upgraded it or anything.  So when I use pidgin, I would like to know the following.  Is there a way for Orca to tell me who just signed on, or who sent me a message?  I find sometimes that I don't respond, and people question me about it.  I've noticed that the pidgin sound only plays when I'm focuesed on the messages, or have them open, or something.

Is there a way to get a little bit more speach output?

Tj Squires