Re: [orca-list] orca, pidgin and Jaunty

While you work on this, a quick and dirty solution would be to just
disable the sounds in pidgin.
That way the notifications will still be announced by orca but you will
not hear that decending double tone.

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 13:13 -0400, guy Schlosser wrote:
Hey there Paul, and thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have disabled
pulseaudio, and it definitely is an audio problem with Pidgin. Switching
the method to alsa didn't help though. Every time a notification comes
up that plays a sound, Pidgin crashes. Thanks for the suggestion though,
and reassuring me that the problem is not some weirdness going on with
Orca, Pidgin and the new notification system.

Thanks again,

Guy