[orca-list] Orca on N800 Internet Tablet

Hello their. This may be a little off-topic, so I
appologize[1~i[4~
 in advance. I
happen to know that their's a port of Debian on ARM, which the N800 runs.
Debian on the N800 is installed as a chrooted application, but supposedly
you can run OpenOffice, Gnome as well as the other applications in the
Debian distribution. I was thinking of picking one of these up as a
portable Debian machine, with more ambitious plans of replacing the entire
Internet Tablet OS with Debian, since accessibility is quite good IMHO and
to my knowledge, is not available within Internet Tablet OS. So, is this a
viable solution? Is it worth the effort? I was thinking at a minimum,
this oculd be a low-cost solution for blind users, if we could get the
details ironed out. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Feel free
to mail me off-list to not clutter up the list with off-topic messages if
you desire.

--Erik

eheil sdf lonestar org