[orca-list] meanings of some of the terms used by orca

Hi.  I am writing to ask about the meanings of some of the terms that
orca uses when describing some of the contents of the screen.  I have
been with the graphical user interface for a while, but I am still not
sure of what some of these terms mean.

grade: This happens sometimes, but the best possible example of it that
I can give you is when you put in a command at the run application
dialog, and it says: "command entry combo box 'grade'" What does this
mean?

What is "icon view layered pane?" this is a common one when shifting to
the desktop.  I have wondered what this means ever since my first
experience with orca back in ubuntu gutsy.

What is the difference between a frame and a window.  An example of this
is: "update manager 'frame'" versus, when the machine goes to
screensaver, orca says "window" what is the difference?

What is a "scroll pane?" This is very common in may applications.

What is a "label?"

What is either a "horizontal scroll bar 0% or a "vertical scroll bar
0%?"

What is " "unknown?" I ask this, because, at the beginning and at the
end of every message I read in evolution, I hear either 1 or 2 lines
that simply say "unknown.""

I hate to have to bother the list with stuff, but it is the only way I
will know.  Thanks for your help.

Sincerely:

Doug Smith.