Re: [orca-list] Select Orca language at the boot prompt?

Hi Anthony:

Orca uses the gettext module for text that it presents to the user and the gnomespeech driver uses locale.getdefaultlocale() (http://docs.python.org/library/locale.html) to help guess the speech synthesis engine voice to use.

I'm not familiar with the details of isolinux.cfg, but I would guess that if you set the LANG environment variable, Orca should hopefully do the right thing. The exception to this might be if you've set things up to use speech dispatcher. I'm not sure if the Orca support for it detects default locale or not.

Will

Anthony Sales wrote:
Hi, I want people to be able to choose their language from the bootprompt. I
presume I can use locale=fr, lang=fr and keyboard=fr to change the display
language and keyboard layout, but how would I pass this language to Orca?
Woukld it be something like OrcaLang=fr ? Any suggestions greatly
appreciated. In fact if anyone has already done this I would really like to
see the whole line from your isolinux.cfg file.

drbongo