Re: [orca-list] installing software in a vm?

hi. as far as i can remember, VMWare does allow you to paste things you have coppied to the windows clipboard and allow the virtual machine access to that information. secondly, you could just use the apt-get install command or similar in a terminal to install software. if you for example have software on your windows drive and you want to be able to install software on the virtual machine from the windows drive, this is not possible as the virtual machine's drive is totally independent of the host. i hope this helps. as for the drive name, the common linux drive naming scheme applies sda1, sda2, etc i'd assume.

renegade334.

Josh wrote:
hi,

If I am running vinux vm, how do I install software into the vm? what is the virtual drive called? or how can I find that out in vinux vm/

Josh