To: "Christian" <christian08 runbox com>
Cc: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 5:21 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Locking keys and braille

Hi Christian:

Can you provide a suggestion for how/where/when the locking keys should be presented in braille? For example, would it be a temporary thing? Would you want to reserve cells (or use the status cells on some braille displays) purposely for the locking key state?

On a related note, Dave Mielke, the author of BrlTTY, has also written something called "Locktones" that generates audible tones to indicate the status of locking keys: http://mielke.cc/packages/locktones.html

Will

Christian wrote:
Hi all,
When pressing the capslock key or the numlock key it's state is only announced in speech. It would be nice if that would be presented on the braille display as well.
Best regards,
Christian