Re: [orca-list] Why won't Orca work on my netbook?

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 03:17:43AM -0700, Charlie Dorff wrote:
   Hi...
   I just installed Ubuntu 8.10 on my new netbook (a dell inspiration mini)
   and I can't seem  to get Orca to work. Does anyone have any suggestions
   about how I could get orca to work on my netbook? Thank you.

Hi,

Ok, is gnome working correctly? (did you get sighted help to confirm)?
What does it say when you run orca -t from the run dialog? What does it
say when you run it from a gnome-terminal? If you still don't get much
useful information, turn debugging on and perhaps attach your log...
(gzip it if it's big, but chances are if orca isn't starting, it won't
be terribly big.)

Daniel.