Re: [orca-list] PDF viewers

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 07:51:13PM -0400, Rich Caloggero wrote:
Has anyone used open office to convert / read pdfs?  I believe you can
convert to pdf from open office writer, but can you read PDF documents in
open office?  I have not installed open office because it prevented my
system from receiving needed updates.  As soon as I removed
openoffice.org-core, aptitude stopped polling for open office updates and

Why not use the "hold" option?
aptitude hold openoffice.org-core

I think should work.

Daniel.