Re: [orca-list] installing orca

Some operating systems provide the ability to do an install without sighted assistance, and they do so using Orca. These operating systems include OpenSolaris, Ubuntu, and Vinux.

Operating systems, especially open source ones such as the above, release periodic interim development builds. These are unstable builds that sometimes break accessibility. Ubuntu's recent string of bad luck in this space might be what you're referring to, and I believe the Ubuntu folks are working on the problem.

Will

Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:

Hello!
I herad that it is no longer possible to install orca without sighted help, is this true?
/Kristoffer