[orca-list] orca speech in open solaris 2009.06?

Hi all,
using orca with open solaris 200906. All works fairly well, except speech is a little non-responsive... meaning that if you need to shut orca up pressing ctrl, or shift, does not silence speech immediately. Also per the orca-thunderbird page under doc index. I've unchecked the preview payne, and am stil having a hard time getting messages to read when I press enter. right now I'm using gnome 2.24...
Thanks