[orca-list] Strange Orca behaviour

Hi everyone,

This is my first attempt using Evolution Mail with Ubuntu 9.04. When I
was running sudo apt-get upgrade, Orca stopped speaking and it took two
reboots to get speech. Back. Also, what is the point of Update manager?
I thought that the above command in the terminal was supposed to install
the latest updates butI need to do two reboots to get all the updates.

Finally, Orca - the version that comes with 9.04 doesn't seem to read
characters as i delete them at least in Evolution. Is there a way to fix
this, or is this a known issue?

Thanks

James