To: "Christian" <christian08 runbox com>
Cc: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Firefox vs Iceweasel

On 6/7/09 19:09, Christian wrote:
Iceweasel that comes with Debian I have not noticed any differences
compared to Firefox. Is this all the same except that they have
changed the name on it?

Iceweasel binaries aren't quite the same as Firefox binaries. Debian wanted to be able to push security fixes into their Firefox packages at leisure schedule, but Mozilla wasn't willing them to do that and offer the result with Mozilla branding - since that might imply Mozilla was responsible for any problems Debian's fixes might cause. So Iceweasel is basically Firefox with GPL branding and Debian fixes.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis