Re: [orca-list] Would yall please help my friend and I with our Wireless?

ello chris,

generally, I think that wireless isues and things concerning linux are
not a part of the Orca list. I believe the Orca list is just for when
you have trouble updating orca, navigating a program, perhaps getting
somethin to work with orca since its not accessible etc.
Wireless issues can be covered in the Ubuntu email list or the channel
on irc.freenode.net channel #ubuntu. However concerning your wireless
issues I will put some answers for you here.
Firstly, in the gnome-terminal (press alt-f2 type in "gnome-terminal"
with out the quotes to get to it). Once your in the gnome-termianl type
in iwconfig to see what hardware supports scanning and a list lf
results. On mine for example it says wlan0 and says what ID its set to.
You will get info related to what can support wireless scanning. You can
do iwlist wlan0 scanning Once you've done that you will see some
results. Use the flat review keys on the numpad or if your using a
laptop ccapslock (orrca key) along with  the flat review keys to move
through the info. If your not able to see all the info and need to
scroll up you should hit control-shift-pageUp or down to scroll. You
will hit control-shift-pageUp to scroll up since your at the bottom of
the terminal.
Assumingg your wireless network card is on wlan0 Your essid is test
(essid is the network name), you would do the following to connect to an
unsecured network
iwconfig wlan0 essid "test"
dhclient3 wlan0
note- this is to get an ip responce from the network and initiate your
connection
If everythingg goes well you will get a connection and be able to browse
or do as you please.
If you are wanting to connect through the network manager, which is a
graphical  program, you could do control-alt-tab and cycle through the
panels. If you go to the top panel you can tab around and see the
various icons. Orca does not read all icons so you can press shift f10
or the applications key to explore the menus. You could also press enter
on any of the icons to launch or explore the given menus.

I hope this helps you.
Thank you,
Alonzo