[orca-list] Problems with Skype

Hi folks,

Okay, I'm having some real problems with Skype and Pidgin. I followed the instructions on the work around page.

After having installed Skype, I copied the libskype.so shared library to /usr/lib/purple-2 but Skype did not appear in the list of availible accounts in Pidgin. I found I had to install the skype4pidgin.deb package and then Skype appeared in the list along with something called Skype D Bus.

I removed and re-installed Pidgin to the latest version  which i think is 2.5.3, but I am still getting the problem where  Pidgin crashes when I try to navigate  the table of contacts.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated pleased. Not being able to use Skype would be a major road block  in my moving over to Linux.

PS - My dad did the sighted bit of clicking the button

Thank you for any and all help

James