Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird issues and Evolution contacts

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 00:15 +0000, Andre Nuno Soares wrote:
Hello Nolan,

In List View, when you walk through the columns in the same row, the
column "title" is spoken as well as its "value".
Ex: "Full Name Andre Nuno Soares".

If you change rows, then the entire new row is spoken, including the
"titles".

In an empty column, the "title" is still spoken.

Personally, I don't find this too confusing, although the empty columns
shouldn't be spoken.

Yes, this is how I'd expect things to work, except that isn't how it
works here. I meant, quite literally, that semi-random information seems
to be spoken. Sometimes contacts for which I list a business number
don't speak one after "Business phone," for instance, and sometimes the
business number is spoken for a different phone number.

It could be that there was an error in my transition of the data from my
phone to AddressBook under OS X, then to Evolution via VCF import. I
can't check this, though, because there seems to be no means of
accessibly viewing/editing a card, unless I miss something.

There's an app called contacts packaged for Ubuntu, and this seems to
offer somewhat more accessible albeit out-of-process access to the
Evolution address book, but it crashes reliably, and I'm not sure it has
been updated terribly recently.

Anyhow, I'll probably file this as an Evolution bug, since it would
appear that I'm not missing some workaround.