Från: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org]
För Willie Walker
Skickat: den 20 januari 2009 01:36
Till: Krishnakant
Kopia: orca-list gnome org
Ämne: Re: [orca-list] started a new wiki for orca documentation

Hi All:

ok, I don't mind closing this issue.
My idea was only to use this as a work desk where we can try and retry

doing some good documents and then once we all agree then we can take
the neet and tidy version to the official wiki.

What I've been striving for is something along these lines, with the
difference being that we use the existing http://live.gnome.org/Orca
WIKI as the "try and retry" place, and then we move things to the GNOME
Accessibility User's Guide (see
http://library.gnome.org/users/gnome-access-guide/nightly/gnome-access-g
uide.html#ats-2).

One big reason I want to move things into the GNOME Accessibility User's

Guide is that it is set up for translation into other languages whereas
the WIKI is not.  The GNOME Accessibility User's guide is also done in
DocBook sgml, allowing it to be converted into several different
formats.

I think one main problem we run into is where to store recorded audio
files.  The WIKI doesn't feel like the right place to me since WIKI's
are meant to be kind of fluid/transient things.  The GNOME Accessibility

Guide might be a place, but I think that's more for written
documentation.

The GNOME Accessibility screencast demos at
http://projects.gnome.org/accessibility/screencasts.html are currently
stored under my GNOME home directory, which also doesn't feel right.  I
was talking with the GNOME marketing folks last year about a place to
put things like these -- we had some ideas and I should follow up on
them.

Will