[orca-list] some features in opensolaris better than ubuntu

Yesterday I managed to install Opensolaris on my E-machine desktop PC.
I am getting used to the command line which seems to differ to that of
updating packages in Ubuntu but it did take a little time to get my head
around it as I prefer it to the Gui when downloading packages with the
GUI package Manager being painfully slow.
One of the things I like about Opensolaris when I did manage to install
it as it took more enter keystrokes before it spoke and the time to
install it that Rhythmbox seems to be more accessible on Opensolaris
than Ubuntu.
For the life of me I have been unable to work out why I can't do
keystrokes for copying files to an I-pod in Rhythmbox in Ubuntu and
although I have yet to do the task in Opensolaris, it seems that I am
heading towards achieving this because when I put in a music CD, I was
asked in Opensolaris if I wanted to open the CD with either the CD
Ripper I think or Rhythm box and when I selected Rhythmbox and hit enter
on okay, when I executed the application my tracks were listed ie "If
all the lights go out" and I had access to the menus, possibly if my
I-pod had been connected I would have been able to have selected all the
tracks and tabbed to the sources options, found my i-pod, I could have
pasted the tracks over possibly unless there was something else I would
have to do to get the files from one window to another.
In ubuntu for some reason when I entered rhythmbox with a music CD in
the drive, I wouldn't see even the tracks until I chose to browse files
in the library option in the preferences menu which made me not have
access to any of the pull down menus for maybe copying and transfering
my music so either Opensolaris has either a more up-to-date version of
Rhythmbox or Opensolaris is better at dectecting media that it
recognises unlike Ubuntu which seems to be why I have had to give up
trying to use Rhythmbox in Ubuntu Intrepid even though they seem to both
have the same version of Orca by default.