[orca-list] Fwd: Re: [opensuse] Soon giving up on openSUSE

Hi all,
For those of you who are using openSUSE, I got this email. I am going to add the repository and see if it
will work.
The repository has both the latest Orca and at-spi, 2.25.4 i think it is.
*********** BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE  ***********

On 2009-01-09 at 13:39 Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com> wrote:

On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 16:59 +0100, Christian wrote:
Hi all,
Well, I have been trying to switch to openSUSE from Ubuntu, but I cant
get this to work.
I need to upgrade a package that is installed by the default, orca and
at-spi. I usually check out the latest trunk through svn.
I have been trying to do
zypper si -d orca at-spi but the source packages are not available and
so i am not able to build the dependencies so that i can compile and
install the new versions.
On ubuntu i could just issue:
sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca at-spi and everything went just fine.
So I then suppose i will need to go the hard way and obtaining all
dependencies myself.

if I understand correctly, you want to use a package of orca and at-spi
with the latest SVN version, right? If so, you're lucky because we are
packaging 2.25 releases as they are announced in
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/GNOME:/Factory:/Next/ , so
that should have the latest 2.25.x release from upstream. No need to
build anything, just install the packages from there (and report any
error you find, it's a work-in-progress)

You can even help Magnus (CCed) in the packaging of new versions if
you're interested in having the very latest
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>

*********** END FORWARDED MESSAGE  ***********