Re: [orca-list] Command line query

It's not a Linux command but is specific to Debian and Debian-based distros such as Ubuntu. Try:

apt-cache search application name | less

This is true of any command that causes unwanted scrolling.

By the way, I think your mail headers are set up such that replies to your messages, at least when I send mine, go to you alone instead of the list. This is inconvenient because we have to modify the To: field by hand, if we notice it at all. I think the field in question may be called "Reply-To:". This should be left blank to enable replies to your list messages to go to the list so they can be discussed and corrected if they're off-base; replies to messages you don't send to a list will go to you automatically.

HTH, and since this is going to the list someone will correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

--

Lee Maschmeyer
Wayne State University