[orca-list] vinux1.3

   I remember a few years ago several people complained about the installer and other things in ubuntu not
being accessible. I admit I was among them.
   Personally I like experimenting, playing with different operating systems and so on. But most people do
not. They either have a job to get done or want to simply turn on their computer and do what they want to do
with out having to be a programmer.
   While I agree the more you know the more you can do with your computer. I think it is great that Tony
stepped up and did the modifications that were necessary to give those who know nothing about Linux a distro
they can use out of the box, and he should be encouraged.
   Actually, the purpose of Linux  or I should say one great advantage to Linux is that it can be modified to
fit a persons needs. Ask Microsoft to add a feature you want to narrator and see how far you get.
   I will say both the Orca list and the ubuntu list have been very helpful to me from the beginning. Like
most operating systems Ubuntu was developed for the sighted, but they have made a effort to improve
accessibility. Orca is getting better all the time and feature requests are considered.
   Mike.