Re: [orca-list] do windows users hate linux users?

Hi Josh,
although this is always beginning of many flameware threads, I will
try to answer it. I think is similar like in many other areas like
Intel vs. AMD and so on. I am also a win user (at work) and of course,
there are some advantages of Windows. But I must say that our IT guys
decided not to buy Vista and stay on XP ...

I do not like it is fair to sell "old" XP for the same price as Vista,
while all other old products are sold for lower price than new.

Because we are on Orca maillist, I can show you small example. My
sister normally uses Zoomtext (at school they have few computers for
visually impaired students) and of course, sometimes compares it with
Orca, espetially the magnifier. I know, there is at least the
difference of the price (Orca is free) which she should tak into
account but ...

There are also some win users that tried linux and were not satisfied.
For example I also tried Pcfluxboxos (Pclinuxos with Fluxbox) and if
this was my first distro I would not believe that linux can be user
friendly (fortunately, my first distro was Pclinuxos with KDE :-) )
and so they hate linux (maybe they think that linux geeks want only to
show them how clever they are).

Helios

Message: 2