Re: [orca-list] problems when changing pitch using IBM via voice

Yech. It might be a bug in the gnome-speech driver for ViaVoice. I don't have a license for it, and it's also not available on OpenSolaris, so I'm at a loss for fixing it. :-(

If you want to try, you can poke around in the drivers/viavoice area of the gnome-speech sources.

Will

Jose Vilmar Estacio de Souza wrote:
Hi Will,
Yes, only when I use the end key.
Using arrow keys change the pitch as expected.

I have one more observation.
When I press the end key the value change to 10 but the pitch does not change as described in my previous message. Pressing the up key the value changes to 9.9, 9.8, 9.7 ... without changes in the pitch.
When the value reach the number 9.2 the pitch changes to a higher tone.

Perhaps ViaVoice doesn't support a pitch greater than 9.2.