[orca-list] Possibly Off-Topic: Can't switch between panels and the desktop anymore using the keyboard

Following Guy's example, I re-installed my entire Ubuntu 8.10 and kind of
started from Scratch.

Since the reinstall, however, the keyboard shortcut alt + CTRL + TAB, which
used to work fine, setting the focus on the different panels or the desktop,
doesn't seem to work anymore at all. So far, I did not have this problem

It became present immediately after the reinstall. Updating the system did
not help and trying to Google the issue didn't give me any useful results.

I guess it doesn't have anything to do with Orca. Does it?

Anyway: If someone has a clue how I could solve this problem - for
navigating the panels is something I would like to do rather often - I'd
appreciate any hint. Also, if you know where else I should ask this
questions, let me know as well.

Thanks in advance and best regards!