Re: [orca-list] Open Salaris is Linux?

Thank you both Charlie and Jacab. I'll be sure to read these articles.

James
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 8:48 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Open Salaris is Linux?

Hi James...
Open Salaris is a Unix operating system. Linux is considered to be a Unix like operatng system. So both are Unix based operating systems but Open Salaris is not Linux. Both Unix and Linux are open source. Linux was developed from Unix. Below are three links to articles on the web that can explan this for you.
Charlie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenSolaris

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux