Re: [orca-list] Bug in pyatspi in Ubuntu Lucid Alpha1

Hi Bill:

This is definitely related to the D-Bus transition. I have an e-mail into Luke asking him how Ubuntu plans to manage it.

I'm not sure what Ubuntu is doing, but a potential workaround might be to execute this command (all one line):

gconftool-2 --set /desktop/gnome/interface/at-spi-corba --type bool true

Will

Bill Cox wrote:
Sorry about posting here, since this is clearly not an Orca bug.
However, I see Willie's name all over the e-mail lists, so if you
could send me some pointers, I'd really appreciate it.

In Ubuntu Lucid Alpha1, if I type:

    $ python -c "import pyatspi"

it say's:

    ImportError: No module named pyatspi

I compared the pyatspi files installed in Karmic to Lucid, and it
looks like we use to have /usr/share/pyshared/pyatspi, but in Lucid,
we have /usr/share/pyshared/pyatspi-cobrlla.  Does this have anything
with the transition to D-Bus?  Any info is appreciated.

Bill