[orca-list] Double speaking with Orca

Hi,

I am running Ubuntu 9.04 and Orca.  I am also using the voxin speech engine with speech-dispatcher (configured in Orca).

This mostly works okay, but I am noticing a strange affect where Orca is sometimes speaking things twice.

Typically this happens if I move focus to a new item quickly before the last item is completely finished speaking.

As an example, if I’m in a gnome termina session and have the following on the screen:

First line

Second line

Third line

If I arrow from the top line down to the next line I will hear:

Second second line

Where the first word seems to be in a slightly lower frequency voice.

Is this a common problem with Orca or is there something configured incorrectly in my system?  This makes it difficult to quickly navigate through items and text.

Thanks for any suggestions.

--Pete