Re: [orca-list] Concerns about Orca's performance

On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 10:41 +0100, Jennifer wrote:
I have the exact same problems on my netbook.
Yes, Me too.
Actually I am using a lenovo s10 netbook with 1 gb ram and the atom
processor.
I have 25 machines with 512 MB RAM and pentium 4 3 ghz processors in one
college where blind people study.

Orca works pritty well on all these machines during usual tasks.  But
when open office is running the said lag in orca notifying about events
becomes very evidant.
The overall effect can also be noticed on the desktop.
When other applications are loaded after openoffice on these machines
the performance starts getting worst.

I have another compaq machine with similar configuration but with 256 mb
ram and orca does not even respond quickly when working on firefox.

I think the reason is some thing to do with the way events are consumed
and output pyped to the speech synthesizer.
Add to this, if festival is used with orca the performance might go down
even more.

happy hacking.
Krishnakant