[orca-list] Orca and calendar apps

Hello,
Does orca work well with any calendar apps? I know that orca works with evolution for email and contacts so I had a look at its calendar features (the accessible applications section of the orca wiki indicates that evolution calendar might work although the details page gives no info on the calender). While it seems like evolution may be useable for calendar I believe it really needs better scripting (particular area I noticed problems was day selection). I also looked at mozilla's sunbird (in both the form of the iceowl package in debian and a nightly snapshot from the mozilla website) but didn't have much joy with that either.

As I said the day selection seemed to be an issue, is there anything I should know to improve it? If there is nothing currently there to improve my experience with using evolution's calendar here is what I would hope to get when using a calendar app (not being able to see evolution I don't know whether evolution shows this info or not): When the calendar is in month view as I move around orca should say the date of the day moved to. Also should there be an appointment on that date it should alert me to the fact that there is an appointment (may be not give details just alert me to the fact). An example of speech output might be: "27 April 2009, Has appointment" or for a day with no appointments "28 April 2009" If I then enter the day to view the contents orca will speak some details of the appointments (eg. start time, subject, end time). If the day view gets moved to another day then orca will speak what day has been moved to.

As I said I have not seen what evolution shows, so may be the above doesn't fit perfectly for evolution. My description is mainly based on my experience with talks and the calendar on my nokia phone, but if you describe how evolution works may be I can describe better how I would want orca to work.

Michael Whapples