Re: [orca-list] blind ubuntu setup

Hi Hank:

This is the Orca user's list -- not everyone on it uses Ubuntu, so you're not going to get dedicated Ubuntu help. :-( Luckily, however, the Ubuntu folks have set up a list specifically for the discussion of Ubuntu and accessibility. That list might be the more appropriate place to hold Ubuntu-specific discussions:

Will

On 04/26/09 20:49, hank smith wrote:
hello can any one chime in? on doing this with orca totally blind with
out sighted assistance on 9.04 of ubuntu?
----- Original Message ----- From: "jonathan" <j nadeau charter net>
To: "hank smith" <hanksmith5 gmail com>
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 5:21 PM
Subject: blind ubuntu setup

Sorry I do not know of any instructions yet. The only thing I can think
of is trying to install it from the live cd. once the desktop comes up
hit alt f2 and type in orca which chould start orca and you should be
able to install it from there. not sure if this will work but worth
trying. I had sighted help to install.

signature database 4035 (20090425) __________

http://www.eset.com