Re: [orca-list] [Fwd: Re: [g-a-devel] Speech-dispatcher/orca integration specification, first draft.]

On 23/12/42 19:59, aruni100 gmail com wrote:
Hi will, apart from the commercial synth issues enlisted with speech-dispatcher, another notable thing is the non-indexing capability of sd. GNOME_speech supports indexing i.e. while the saylall command is working the speech stops at the very precise point that the ctrl key is pressed. this is not at all the case with sd.
I wonder whether this is an issue with  SD or orca's SD driver. From using SD in a python project of my own I seem to remember from reading the docs that index marks can be inserted and when the speak command is given a callback function can be registered (I am assuming that the callback function will be called when index marks are met, as well as other events occurring). Having not reviewed the orca SD driver I don't know whether this is used or whether I have misunderstood the SD docs.

Michael Whapples
I am using the up-to-date  ubuntu 9.04 beta.
Thanks,
Aruni.