[orca-list] Question About Attachments and Messages Sent To This List

Hi List,

I am wondering why on this list, many people send the body of their messages as attachments?  I was so unfamiliar with this method that I wrongly assumed that people were being nasty to me by answering my questions with references to reading the documentation--displaying only the footers of each message.  I see now that I was grossly in error and for that I humbly apologize.  I am still so new with Linux that I inadvertently overlook the attachments on some of these messages.  But I do wonder why the message bodies of many posters are displayed as attachments rather than with in the body of the messages.

Thanks for any help.