[orca-list] Issues selecting messages in Evolution

I'm using Evolution and Orca 2.26.0. Not sure if this is related to
Evolution or Orca's scripts. I don't recall this behavior under previous
versions of either app, and the script file is over 1600 lines, so I
guess either is possible, but I'm certainly glad to file bugs with
whichever app is responsible.

Selecting messages to read in Evolution has now become a chore and a
half. I press F6 from the list of folders, usually land on the list of
messages, press End to move to the last, F6 to move to the message area,
and I'm usually seeing the message text for the first message.

I arrow around a bit, but nothing seems to help. New messages are
consistently reported as unread, even when I arrow over them repeatedly.
I set up Evolution to download messages locally, thinking perhaps
there's some delay involved in fetching the message via IMAP, no luck.
Sometimes I find that if I wait 20-30 seconds, the message becomes
selectable. Otherwise I've tried mouse clicks both real and virtual, as
well as hotkeys to select the next unread message. Nothing works.

Unfortunately I can't test keyboard-driven message selection sans Orca
to see if this works otherwise. Has anyone else experienced this? Is
there anything in the Orca Evolution scripts that might cause this?